Are you bugged by how easy it is to crash Autodesk’s latest release of Civil 3D? Does it seem like too many things don’t work right? Styles reset unexpectedly? Dialog boxes not working properly? Software unexpectedly crashes? Calculations not working correctly? These and many other issues are fixed with Service Pack 1 (SP1).
On July 28th, 2014, Autodesk released the first service pack (SP1) for Autodesk Civil 3D 2015. This service pack fixes a whopping 23 issues within the 2015 release of Civil 3D. These fixes apply to a variety of categories: Corridor Modeling & Analysis, Pipe & Pressure Networks, Alignments & Profiles, Survey, Grading & Surfaces, and Miscellaneous.
Some of the top problems fixed include:
- A data-specific issue has been resolved where attempting to rebuild a corridor would cause the application to close unexpectedly.
- An issue has been resolved where data-referenced pressure network styles were reset when the source model was updated and the network was synchronized.
- An issue has been resolved regarding the adjustment of the profile station range when creating a profile after creating and deleting an unrelated alignment.
- A utility which provides the ability to save an AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 survey database for use in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 is included in this service pack. This utility can be accessed from the AutoCAD Civil 3D Toolbox after installing this service pack.
- An issue has been resolved where draped images that were rendered when hardware acceleration was turned on would be mirrored.
- An issue has been resolved where unexpected characters and text was added to objects in a drawing and within any drawings that were opened during the AutoCAD Civil 3D session.
To view the full list of fixes included in this service pack: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/AutoCAD_Civil_3D_2015_SP1.0_enu.htm#Primary_Issues_Resolved_by_the_Service_Pack_
Also important to note: When applying this service pack, you will need to have your installation media or installation source files available. Without this, the install of SP1 is likely to fail to install.
To download this service pack: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-civil-3d-2015-service-pack-1.html