BIM 360 Glue offers anywhere, anytime access to the most recent BIM projects models and data throughout the project lifecycle—from pre-construction through construction execution. This BIM collaboration process helps project teams review projects and resolve coordination issues faster while advancing the layout process.
If you’re installing on your own computer, you already have the correct permissions to install software. If you’re installing on a different computer, however, check your permissions. On Windows systems:
- Make sure that you have Local User Administrative permissions. Check by selecting Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage User Accounts.
- If you need to give yourself administrative rights, turn off User Account Control. Microsoft provides instructions for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Install System Updates and Disable Antivirus Programs
If you have pending system updates, install them and reboot. Consider temporarily disabling your antivirus programs, because they sometimes interfere with installation.
Empty Your Windows TEMP Folder
If you’re running Windows, empty your TEMP folder before installing. If you have problems installing and need to contact Autodesk Product Support, a support technician may need to review the installation logs in your TEMP folder.
To open your TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and press Enter.
Download and Install Language Packs
If you want to run the product in another language, find out whether you need a language pack. (Check your product-specific installation help.) Some products, such as AutoCAD, let you choose a language from a drop-down menu in the installer. Other products, such as Inventor, require you to install a language pack. It’s best to install a language pack before you install your product.
If you have a boxed product (DVD or USB key), find the language packs on the physical media. Otherwise, download the language pack.
Obtain Your Product, Launch the Installer, and Review the ReadMe File
- If you have a boxed product, insert the media (DVD or USB key) into your computer. The product folder should appear on your desktop.
- If you do not have a boxed product, download your software. Write down the location where your download is saved. It appears at the beginning of the download process.
- If your product installer doesn’t launch automatically, open the .exe or .dmg file (for example, setup.exe). If you have physical media, you see this file on-screen when you insert the media. If you downloaded your software, check the default download folder for your web browser, your desktop, or the Autodesk folder: System > Autodesk > ProductName_Version_Language_OS.
Then review the ReadMe file, which you can access from the bottom left corner of installation screen.
Locate Your Serial Number and Product Key
In most cases, you are prompted for your serial number and product key during installation. It’s a good idea to locate this information before you start installing. (If you’re installing Maya LT with a user license, you don’t need a serial number or product key.)
Exit Running Programs
Exit all running programs, except the product installer