Use CFD to study the internal and external fluid dynamics of the environment to create better, smarter designs.
What are the key benefits and business values?
Stop the guesswork inherent in building design, specifically the building environment. With Autodesk® CFD, you get:
- Validate your architect’s design
- Compare HVAC alternatives
- CFD provides a common language of performance anybody can learn, more owners are accepting this and expecting this to be part of the proposal
- McGraw Hill Construction surveyed building owner about the Value of Connect BIM in 2014 and over 90% surveyed expressed value in Optimized Designs and providing a Better Understanding. This is what CFD brings to the connect BIM workflow.
- Include advanced HVAC trends into architecture elements, Natural, Displacement and Stack Ventilation design.
- Collaborate with owner and MEP team to push what is possible with design
- Maximizes value of Connect BIM proposal
- Lower risk and easier to schedule than outsourcing
- Project based subscription model support project billing
Autodesk CFD significantly reduces design, simulation and testing overhead. Architects and engineers are now able to design to the limits with confidence in order to meet high efficiency, personal safety and health standards.
Before starting the installation, please verify the following:
- Your system meets the recommended hardware and software requirements.
- You have the system settings required to install and run Autodesk® Simulation CFD 2015.
Compatible operating systems
- Windows® 8 and 8.1 Enterprise x64
- Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate (SP0 or SP1 for x64)
- HPC operating systems (Solver only): Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012.
With the large number of computing options available today, it can be quite challenging to select a system that will deliver optimum performance and capacity at a reasonable price. Instead of recommending the “minimum” computing specifications to run Simulation CFD, we are listing the specifications of the computers used by the Application Engineers at Autodesk.
- Model: HP Z620 with Intel Xeon E5-2680 @2.7Ghz (8 cores)*
- RAM: +16GB
- Video: Nvidia Quadro 4000
- Hard Drive: 15K RPM Hard Drive
- *If more speed is needed add a 2nd E5-2680 for a total of 16 cores
- Model: HP EliteBook 8570w with Intel i7-3820m @ 2.7 GHz (4 Cores)
- RAM: 16GB
- Video: Nvidia Quadro K1000M
- Hard Drive: SSD
Additional System Guidelines
- 24-bit color setting at 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
- 512 MB DRAM or higher OpenGL-capable graphics card (recommended)
- 256 MB on-board memory (minimum)
- DVD-ROM drive³
- Microsoft Mouse-compliant pointing device
- Windows Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- For web downloads and Subscription Aware Access
- Autodesk® recommends a supported 64-bit operating system, a supported 64-bit processor, and a minimum of 12 GB RAM or higher.
- Autodesk® recommends allowing Microsoft Windows to manage virtual memory, as needed. There should always be at least twice as much free hard disk space as system memory (RAM).
- A DVD-ROM drive is not required if installing with the electronic download.