This consecutive two-day course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge needed to use AutoCAD Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Students learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment into AutoCAD Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, correct AutoCAD drafting techniques, the methodology required to create line work effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
- Survey professionals that do not need to learn all the functionality taught in CADsoft’s Civil 3D Essentials course
- Prior users of Land Desktop or competing software titles wanting to adopt a Civil 3D survey workflow
- An understanding of the fundamental concepts and functions of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of basic surveying concepts, procedures, and terminology
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operation system
This training course will be conducted over 2 consecutive days. Class will run from 8:30 am-4:30 pm on each scheduled class day.
This class is scheduled on rotation across CADsoft Consulting’s multiple training centers. CADsoft will provide all systems and software required to participate in this course.
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Connecting to Geospatial Data
- Survey Setup
- Points with Connective Codes
- Field Book Files