AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT Essentials covers the core topics for working with the AutoCAD software.This consecutive three-day course enables students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. The teacher starts with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are introduced throughout the course. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
New users from all disciplines interested in learning how to draft in AutoCAD Industry professionals needing a fundamental knowledge of AutoCAD in order to adopt additional AutoCAD based products (i.e. AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP, and AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Note: This training course is not designed for users of the AutoCAD for Mac software.
This training course will be conducted over 3 consecutive days. Class will run from 8:30 am-4:30 pm on each scheduled class day.
This class is scheduled on rotation across CADsoft Consulting’s multiple training centers. CADsoft will provide all systems and software required to participate in this course.
- Getting Started with AutoCAD
- Basic Drawing & Editing Commands
- Projects – Creating a Simple Drawing
- Making Changes in Your Drawing
- Projects: Making Your Drawings More Precise
- Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
- Advanced Object Types
- Analyzing Model and Object Properties
- Projects: Drawing Organization and Information
- Advanced Editing Commands
- Inserting Blocks
- Projects: Creating More Complex Objects
- Setting Up a Layout
- Printing Your Drawing
- Projects: Preparing to Print
- Adding Dimensions
- Projects: Annotating Your Drawing