This consecutive four-day course incorporates Building Information Modeling (BIM) by streamlining the design process through the use of a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. This training is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit functionality throughout the design process. Students begin by learning about the user interface and basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. Then they learn design development tools including how to model walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, stairs and more. Finally, they learn the processes that take the model into the construction documentation phase.
Since building projects themselves tend to be extremely complex, the Autodesk Revit software is also complex. The objective of the Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials training is to enable students to create full 3D architectural project models and set them up in working drawings.
- New Autodesk Revit Architecture users
- Revit Architecture users needing a refresher of the basic
- Architectural design, drafting, or engineering experience (recommended)
- No prior CAD experience required
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
This training course will be conducted over 4 consecutive days. Class will run from 8:30 am-4:30 pm on each scheduled class day.
This class is scheduled on rotation across CADsoft Consulting’s multiple training centers. CADsoft will provide all systems and software required to participate in this course.
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Setting Up Levels and Grids
- Modeling Walls
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with Curtain Walls
- Working with Views
- Adding Components
- Modeling Floors
- Modeling Ceilings
- Modeling Roofs
- Modeling Stairs, Railings, and Ramps
- Creating Construction Documents
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Creating Details