This consecutive four-day class teaches the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation. The training is intended to introduce students to the interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The objective is to familiarize students with the tools necessary to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take them through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- New Autodesk Revit MEP users
- AutoCAD MEP software users who want to learn the essential elements of Revit MEP
- MEP design, drafting, or engineering experience (strongly recommended)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
This training course will be conducted over 4 consecutive days. Class will run from 8:30 am-4:30 pm on each scheduled class day.
This class is scheduled on rotation across CADsoft Consulting’s multiple training centers. CADsoft will provide all systems and software required to participate in this course.
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Basic Systems Tools
- Starting Systems Projects
- Working with Views
- Spaces and Zones
- Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis
- HVAC Networks
- Plumbing Networks
- Advanced Systems for HVAC and Plumbing
- Electronical Systems
- Creating Construction Documents
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Creating Details