UAV Scanning and 3D Laser Scanning Services
The best 3D models aren’t produced from scratch—they’re produced from the real world. 3D laser scanning technology like terrestrial scanning and UAV scanning adapt the physical environment into digital models that replicate even the minutest of details. Our 3D laser scanning services employ the point cloud data generated from this process to create CAD models in a fraction of the time required for traditional land surveying methods.
Receive Models Created With All Angles
CADsoft conducts surveying via terrestrial scanners and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), depending on the size and scale of the project site. Both types of scanners are operated remotely and acquire data under even the most difficult and dangerous conditions. Areas unreachable by people are now surveyed with this scanning technology. Observe panoramic views of your site, whether from above, behind, or with a bird’s eye view.
Get Models With All the Details and None of the Errors
No matter the size or scope of the area you need to be scanned, laser scanning captures every detail of the existing site in thorough documentation. This is your reference to check throughout the evolution of the project to ensure consistency, correct problem areas, and plan for future changes.
Cut Costs, Save Time, and Avoid Future Mistakes
The laborious trek across vast terrain is a thing of the past, and so are the tedious man-hours and hefty prices associated with it. 3D laser scanning collects high-density geospatial data in a small window of time, and without a team of people having to be on the ground operating it manually. The efficiency of this process saves you money you would otherwise be spending on old-school land surveyors and trial and error. Laser scanning is accurate in a way humans could never be, eliminating any margin of error that would otherwise be present.
Apply the Data to Any of Your Design Software Applications
Point cloud data is agnostic in file type, so you don’t have to compromise on whatever software you use to design models for projects. Run your file through InfraWorks, ReCap, Civil 3D, Revit Architecture, Map 3D, or AutoCAD.
If your land surveying processes are out of date, our UAV and terrestrial scanning solutions will produce cost-cutting, time-saving models that preserve the accuracy and reliability of your project outcomes. Let’s talk today about surveying your project sites the right way.
Design Ready Data
Point cloud data is agnostic in file type, so you don’t have to compromise on whatever software you use to design models for projects. Run your file through InfraWorks, ReCap, Civil 3D, Revit, Map 3D, or AutoCAD.
If your surveying processes are out of date, or not in your budget, our UAV and terrestrial scanning solutions will produce cost-cutting, time-saving models that preserve the accuracy and reliability of your project outcomes.
CADsoft Can Get You Started With Scanning
Hire CADsoft to:
- perform drone or LiDAR scanning and deliver point cloud data
- perform scanning and processing of the point cloud data delivering project data
- perform scanning, processing, and modeling delivering to you design-ready-data in Civil 3D, Revit, AutoCAD, or InfraWorks 360.
- Purchase a turnkey drone system with instruction from CADsoft to perform your own scans
- Rent a LiDAR scanner with CADsoft technician for terrestrial scanning
- Evaluate the health of crops with an intuitive vegetation index.
- Evaluate water usage among crops.
- Identify necessary nitrogen intake for crops
- Identify leaf area values and plant vigor
- Observe seasonal changes in vegetation
- Show your stakeholders every nook and cranny of a spacer without ever having to step on site.
- Give customers 360-degree, lifelike tours of entire buildings and areas
- Tell stories and show case studies with interactive, panoramic visual content.
- Answer questions and extinguish doubts with comprehensive ocular examples of why your team produces the best work.
- Use an as-built 3D model as a reliable template for smarter and more detailed design work.
- Use a 3D model we produced with your own data to better model existing conditions.
- Scan and model with automatically generated point clouds that make measuring easier.
- See project progress in real time without ever having to step on site.
- Capture entire spaces for future Civil 3D or InfraWorks models.
- Keep project stakeholders in the loop with real-time broadcasts of construction sites.
- Study three-dimensional captures of rooms and spaces to determine potential remodeling jobs before they become a bigger problem.
Gather aerial data for accurate volume measurements of materials for projects
Learn to fly your own drones from one of CADsoft Consulting’s FAA Certified UAV Pilot and Autodesk technical experts.
CADsoft Consulting UAV Training Courses
UAV Pilot Preparation:
Introduction to the laws and practices relating to commercial UAV flying, and orientation for those that are interested in pursuing FAA UAV certification.
Course Content (1 Day)
Small Unmanned Aircraft (UAV) Rules
Part 107 Introduction
Waivers and exemptions
National Airspace System & Classifications
NOTAMS & TFRs
Operations & Preflight Planning
Referencing Magnetic North
Radio Control Communications
Effects, Theory, Reporting
Angle of Attack, Loading
Crew Resource Management
UAV Mapping Flight Operations:
Introduction to aerial mapping with drones, includes hands on flight practice.
Course Content (1/2 day office/1/2 day field)
Introduction to Equipment
Camera, Gimbal, iPad, Charging
Flight Planning Applications
Intro to software
Setting & options
Imagery & Storage
Results & applications
Output data & results
Hands-on Flying Lab (in the field)
Manual flight controls
UAV Data Processing:
Converting the results from Drone Mapping Applications into engineering applications.
Getting data into AutoCAD Map 3D, surfaces into Civil 3D, modeling in Infraworks 360 and working with point clouds in ReCap 360
Course Content (1 day)
Introduction to the data outputs from UAV Mapping software
What to expect
Accuracy and precision
Bringing imagery into Autodesk applications
(AutoCAD, Map 3D, Civil 3D)
Working with point clouds in ReCap
Creating a surface
Removing above ground points
Putting it together
Generating a site plan and topo map